What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics!!! (Part II)

NO

NONONONNNOONNOONNOONONON,

OMG!
back to nepenthes school for me

GOD!

update, ok im cooled down now
tounge.gif
, we need to dothis more often, its pretty good knowldge on what people know and its fun, hee

(Edited by Stefano1 at 10:30 pm on May 24, 2002)

nep G you post
tounge.gif

i wish i had a digital camera, i would do so many cool things with pictrues here
tounge.gif

Give me a few months for some of the pitcher to develop.... ;-)

Pat

(unless you want to guess at common Nepenthes)

i guess, anything seems to be good
smile.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I told you so! I want to rub it in some more, but I wont. You people shouldn't have doubted me, considering I've grown them for a long time. But I would have stuck with my guess, like you, anyway
smile.gif
. Lets turn this into a game! 2 points for Statik2426, 1 point for me. First person to get it right and stick with it gets 5 points. But, change your mind, and you get 2 points. Second to get it right, gets 1 point. Get it, good. Who will get the most points?

I never changed my mind! That was my one and only post! I don't have N. x Judith Finn, but almost got one multiple times. When I am about to get plants I usually look up all I can about them for hours.

I'll take a photo and post it here for you guys to guess in a few minutes (maybe).

OK guys, see if you can get this one
smile.gif

i posted about it before asking if any onw knew about it, looks like i got only 3 non helpful replies
tounge.gif

NO CHEATING!!!

n_distillatoria_2.JPG

Oooh.. I know that because I have been reading up on that plant lately.. I won't say it yet, (but to prove that I know it), its famous in Nepenthes history.
smile.gif

Pat

Statik2426,

sorry about the mistake. I tend to lose track of who's posting what. Anyway, I do the same thing when I'm about to get a new plant. You don't want to do something wrong and kill it! As for the latest picture( off the top of my head) I think it's glabrata.

At first I was about to take a chnace and say N. Alata but I think it's N. distillatoria. The second described Nepenthes species I believe. I've heard that where this plant is from, the natives drink out of the pitchers, thats why I always remember it. Not sure if i'm right, because I don't know if it's 'famous' like what trashcan says. But N. Alata is famous (or maybe just common).

Maybe I should have said notable instead?

Pat

Stefano: N. reinwardtiana - a look inside the pitcher would help...

Here another one from me. In the front there is a lower pitcher of an basal offshot and the bigger behind is an intermediate pitcher showing most features of the lower ones. The peristom will get dark red in the next week.

N_c.jpg

Joachim

:eek:

Wow! Looks nice.
smile.gif

Patrick

PS: I messaged you with what I thought it was.

I believe it Nepenthes xiphioides , but I'm probrobly wrong!

Very good guess Pat, but my clone of the plant you guessed has more bulbous and bigger pitchers:

N_D.jpg

Joachim

Stefano,

It's N distillatoria
smile.gif

Joachim

Your first picture looks like n thorelii, but your second one looks similar to a picture of N tentaculata that I have seen before.

Joel

ahh mindmaze got it
smile.gif

maybe its cus you replied to my other thread like 9 pages back, about it, i was wondering about it but no one replied

trashcan what did u think it was ?

someone else post antoer pic :biggrin:

(Edited by Stefano1 at 2:13 pm on May 25, 2002)

Back