What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homicus Depoticus

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Hello there
smile.gif

I bought an unknown hybrid at home depot a week about ago. I called the company that was marked on the container and asked them which ones they carried. The guy surprisingly told me that they carried n.alata, n.cosinia or cosenia Im not sure on the spelling for that one and a hybrid called velvet that he said was a cross between maxima and something else he wasn't sure what. YAY I have it narrowed down
smile.gif

So I have been looking all over the internet trying to find a n. velvet hybrid and the cosinia and I can't find them
sad.gif
The alata is out of the question, thanks to Trashcan I have 2 and the leaves on this unidentified are all wrong. So I was wondering if anyone could help me find these 2 and maybe post a pic or 2
smile.gif

THanks
smile.gif

Did he say N.KHASIANA. It is prounouced the way you spelled it.

You know I bet it was that now that I think of it.
DUH! Thanks Nep.G
smile.gif
I can't believe it didnt connect in my brain!
ok so I dont need a pic of that
smile.gif

Or...it could be a n. x coccinea I am going to have to call them again tommorrow for the spelling. I should have asked earlier he pronounced it, coe- sin-ee-ah if that helps.

N.Khasiana is pronounced Ha-shy-anna OR some people say it Ka-shy-anna. Either way it is the same plant. He could have been talking about the hybrid N.x Coccinea like you said. I would ask for the spelling though.

Sounds like Gublers plants...

Most likely it is xCoccinea or the maxima hybrid.
T

hehh... Gublers is notorious NG, if you look at their CP of the month special, it has an orchid in it instead. CP's are a total afterthought for them.

Any how, I think most all of us end up with the xCoccinea, because it is probably the cheapest, and hardiest of them all, since it's a hybrid. And they have no idea what it is crossed with... I have asked before.

ah gublers..yea i got one just like the one discribed..maxima X?. I got it in canada..(hahaha..i got it over the canadian border lol)

What a bunch of jerks! That makes CP's look bad I think.
mad.gif
I also think they shouldn't even sell them if they don't know what the heck they are doing! If they can't label a #### plant, they probably can't even care for them correctly!

Hahaha..........you guys are good! thats exactly who supplied the unknown nep to home depot. And you know the way I see it it doesn't take much to figure out what kind of plant youre selling and mark it on the plant. It's pretty lazy and irresponsible if you ask me.

Your #### right were good!
smile.gif
I love to fight against irresponsible so called "Quality Nursuries". That grow the so called "Labeled" Carnivorous Plants. Man! I'd love to get that place to label thier plants right! I bet thier orchids aren't even labeled right! :cheesy:

You know Nep G I was thinking the same thing if they dont take the time to label one why should we even hope that they would label the others right? It's a very simple thing to do that would help them gain respect from other growers yet they don't I just don't get it.

Well Unknownclown. There is 1 word......no maby 2 words to describe this place and it's personnel. "Lazy Losers". :cheesy: HA! That's pretty good! Well they probably don't want to take the time to label them right because they are Lazy OR they get them from thier supplier and that place dosen't know what it's doing. SO it could not be them but thier supplier. AND EVERYONE knows alot of irresponsible CP nursuries don't we everyone?

well that just figures they didn't have any of those
sad.gif

That's about the only CP they have on thier website!

Well as I said before "That just figures!" I have never been to thier website before. But I think I will just sit right here and wait patiently....(DID YOU HEAR THAT PHIL AND JAIE? I AM WAITING PATIENTLY!) for them to get them on this site. No pressure by the way
wink.gif

Well, I am patient to! I would like to see some more Nepenthes up here! They are my primary interest. Along with Sarracenia,Dionaea,Darlingtonia,Drosera,and Heliamphora. But Phil and Jaie just can't get ahold of Super-Rare plants like N.Rajah or N.Lowii or N.Villosa. But look what happened to me! I asked Phil If he could get ahold of an N.Merrilliana and look what happened! I got 1 and look now they are selling them! So just be patient and ask Phil or Jeff if they can get a plant for you if they can't then they will probably refer you to someone who des carry it as they can't get it. But be patient!
smile.gif
Richard Simmons :cheesy:

Right now, I think I'm most interested in Drosera and Nepenthes. But it can change weekly!
smile.gif

Drosera must be great mail-order plants-- they're generally small, tough, and comparatively inexpensive(ie, compared to other cp).
Chris

Back