What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. aristolochioides Images

Some time ago, I posted a topic about N. aristolochioides flowering.  At that time, someone
asked me to post pictures of the flowers and the plants.  So, I took some photos today, and
have put them up.  You can find them on the N. aristolochioides page on my site, which you
can access here:  Plants with Attitude.  Just click on the "Cultivation List" link, and then click on 
the N. aristolochioides link.

In addition, I've added a new image of N. sibuyanensis, which you can find on
the N. sibuyanensis page on my site.

Very nice Jeff! Very nice indeed!
smile.gif
Great Job!

Jeff, When I open the page I just get one photo of a pitcher (which I've seen a few days ago) should I be looking at a different page than this: http://www.plantswithattitude.com/aristolochioides.html#N. aristolochioides

BTW it was me who wanted to see the N. Aristo in flower cos I love those vines (the real Aristolochia grandiflora/gigantea/etc... ) my N. Aristo from Germany is almost ready soon!
smile.gif

NG, thanks for your kind words!

Swords, it sounds like your browser has cached a previous copy of my aristolochioides
page. Try accessing the page again, but this time, after it has loaded, hit your browser's
"refresh" button. This should load a fresh copy of the page, and you will see the new material.
FYI, you might want to check your browser settings to ensure that it automatically loads
updated pages, rather than old, cached material.

Ahh, Yes you're right! Once I hit refresh it was right on! That's an excellent looking pitcher & flower!
Did you say last time that it was apx. a 5 year old plant? How large is a flowering sized N. aristo.? Did you prune it at all during it's growth til flowering (height wise, not just old leaves)? how long does the flowering last?
Hope you don't mind all the questions!
smile.gif

Very nice and intersting flower colouration indeed. It would be interesting to see which insects would be attracted by this in the wild.

What puzzles me most is how you, Jeff, manage it to get nepenthes flowering in a quite short time in a relativ small size. I still can remember very good the amazement about the first N. campanulata flower at the ICSP list, very short time after Chien redisocvered it...

Joachim

Hey Jeff,

Saw your new picture of N. sibuyanensis - ooh! ooh! ooh!  It never ceases to amaze me the plants you grow in your basement.  Just think, I emigrated to Sri Lanka soleley to grow Neps and all I needed all the time was a larger basement  
biggrin.gif

I guess you must have one of the most unusual and interesting basements in the world (except for perhaps one or two mass murderers)
wink.gif

Hey, I like these faces you can insert...
wow.gif

tounge.gif

This forum is fun!

Rob Cantley

Oops!

I just re-read my last posting and hope no-one took my attempted light-hearted quip about mass-murderers as intentional bad taste, it certainly wasn't meant to be.  I've just realized what the date is and can assure you that it's not only the US who is in mourning today.
confused.gif

Rob

Rob,

I just think you are looking for a reason to post again and use the faces
tounge.gif

Hi Rob,

Nice to see you here!

Glad that you enjoyed the photos. N. sibuyanensis is surely a beautiful plant, and pretty
easy to grow.

Regarding my basement, I do get some teasing about it, but it certainly has worked
well for growing highland Nepenthes. And, don't worry about your remark; while your
sensitivity is certainly most appreciated, I think your intentions won't be misconstrued.

Joachim,

From what I understand, N. campanulata apparently produces flowers quite quickly and
often. So, it is perhaps not very remarkable that this plant flowered for me.

As for N. aristolochioides, I've had my plants for over four years, so it did take them some
time to actually produce flowers.

Thanks Jeff, you are propably right: plants grown under very good conditions will flower after that time - but judging from the ICPS-list and other growers I do know, you are still the only one having managed to flower N. campanulata! (What does speak for your fine setup.)

Sadly I have very few experience with flowering from my own plants due to the fact, that they are getting to big for my setup after two or three years of growth and I do have to give them away after that amount of time.

Joachim

Back