What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's happening?

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I have this strange growth on the top of my nep.  I've herd that they vine so i thought that was what it was doing...  but it kinda stopped and is now starting to open i guess....   is it a flower or something?
topgrowthonnep.jpg

Thanks,
Andrew

i put my money on a flower. theres no reasonable answer other than a flower.
smile.gif
. Zongyi

Ps. if you squent a little, it looks like a alien emerging
biggrin.gif

I thought neps sent up flower stalks...maybe it's one of those? Just a guess...none of neps have flowered yet!

hmm well odd it deffinately is..

Looks like the meristematic tissue at the growth point got confused and didn't know what it was doing.

Guessing it will make a new growth from a leaf axil at some point.

Tony

Just a wild guess, did you buy this as "N. alata" from a seller on Ebay?
My plant from them started doing this after it made a few leaves, which were progressively smaller and the pitchers it made grew all weird and deformed. Now the plant has looked like yours and is not getting any better after some months. I am going to try and restart the plant from a node further down the stem but I am quite convinced there is something seriously wrong with their plant.
If you didn't get it from Ebay I still think it looks like mine does, messed up!
sad.gif

no, this is one of those wonderfull Gubler hybrids... I guess only time will tell. swords, do you have a picture of yours?
Andrew

Back