What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. rajah

i am trying my best to keep it happy. keeping it in the enviroment it requires. i am waiting to get another one or two out of tissue culture to try to grow some that way.

I think if I had one( and you guys may think I'm crazy) I'd slowly adjust it to windowsill conditions over a period of 2-3 years. I bet it could work. I mean, I have seen them growing outside before.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nepenthes gracilis @ Oct. 30 2002,9:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is ok to have your Nepenthes in a tray of water as long as the water isn't very deep. IE more than a 1/4 f an inch is bad for long term sitting in it. Rajah's roots DO need to be kept cool as Spectabilis mentioned and I accomplish this with using light colored pots and ice cubes at nite. Temp in the day for roots should be moderate and the soil shoudl feel refreshing to the touch.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
so.................. what you can do is just put a tiny bit of ice cool water to let it sit in

i havnt gotten a new plant for about 3-4 months now, the last cp i got was the one nep g sent me, the spotted ampullaria, and its growin perty nicely, sent me some live sphagnum too, growin good, i put it around my bic and amp and its spreading nicely, also got some in a 2 1/2 gall terrarium which is growing very good, i am considerign of buyin a rajah, but i dont have the set up, and if i go on vacation ill be screwed, last time i went on vacation most of my plants were dried, my cobra lily and my sundews and droseras died, all my neps are still alive and good, and my flytraps, i get carried away in talking so much,

but anyway, nice plant

Back