What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How large are your Judith Finn

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
G

Well, out of curiosity, how large are yours. If you reply, please give diameter/leaf span and pitcher size. Please reply before noon tomorrow, as I will be heading up to Chicago soon after to catch a flight, and will be without a comp. and the internet for a while. But still continue to reply to my other questions. Thank you
smile.gif
!

My Finns are about 6" across (each leaf is about 3"-4" long) and pitchers are between 1" and 2" on the two kept in the warmer lowland terrarium and the one I put in the intermediate/highland enclosure has pitchers with better color and is about 7" across with 3" pitchers. I got them all in January when they were in very sad shape at the garden center. Now they look much better-I even use a pic of the mouth of the one in my highland enclosure as my avatar-(better image coming soon&#33
wink.gif
. I have heard the pitcher can eventually get 6" or more-the peristomes on my Finn pitchers get weirder looking as each one opens and they have become almost solid black /dark purple looking like some horrid black worm surrounding the opening of my pitcher-very cool!
smile.gif

One of mine recently produced a 3 in. pitcher( half of its production being on a windowsill) and I hope it stays consistant with that size. I was so happy to feed it a regular sized flie that got into my room today, and bugged the heck out of me
smile.gif
! Anyone else? And post pics if you like
smile.gif

Mine is about 20" across, and the most recent pitcher is 9" tall, and the plant still seems to be growing bigger. Seems like the bigger it gets, the faster it grows. I've got it on a windowsill, in intermediate/highland conditions. I've had it about a year now.

My plant is 8 inches across and has 2.5 inche tall pitchers. How tall are youre plants swords?

Tristan, the Finn in my highland enclosure is about 7" across with 2"-3" pitchers, the two I have in the lowland setup are about 6" across and the pitchers don't color up as well as the one in the cooler setup-if I had room I'd move them but unforunately....

It seems that every Judith Finn photo I see looks different. and mine are different than any of them! The same with my x"coccinea", maybe this is a habit with hybrids?

Perhaps we could all share pics of our Judith Finns?

here's mine (I wish it wasn't so fuzzy but my camera sucks)
<image src="http://the-natural-aquarium.com/JF602.jpg">

i just bought a judith finn from someguy on the road. it was $30 its huge. the leaves are about 9" the pitchers about 3 1/2 - 4" i am trusting the man that it is not a hybrid because it is awfly big

I have a couple of N. x Judith Finn that are quite large....two to three feet across. I have had pitchers well over a foot tall. Have some pics on my site. They can grow quite large and a very nice peristome.

Kim

what plants are hybridized to produuce judith finns ?
thnks
Joel

N. spathulata & N. veitchii if I remember off the top of my head... got some new plants today so I'm spinning right now!
biggrin.gif

Back