What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes spec. doormans top #1 & #2

I am curious as to what these two new unnamed plants from "Doorman's Top" in Irian Jaya look like? I didn't get anything when I did a google on it. Anyone have any insights? They are said to be impressive but some peoples version of impressive isn't always my own and I'd like to know before I decide to order em.

One that I always wanted to be the first to "rediscover" that was supposedly from Doorman's top is klossii. Have a look through all the old material (eg Danser) and you'll see that as the place where klossii comes from.

I'd love to know what else comes from around there?

Cheers, Troy.

Oh man, if N. klossii even MIGHT be one of the these I'm definately gonna get em both!
N. klossii has been on my wish list ever since I saw a single pic of it. N. aristolochides was simply my second choice for a pitcher that looks like that. Do klossii lowers have that birdhouse shape or only the uppers?

Hey, Can you tell me what the web site is for this place your talking about?
confused.gif

josh i would like to know also what web page you are taking about that has this plant for sale. message me pvt if ya would

never mind i know what one your talking about

Josh, it isn't the plant you are hoppen for that is listed on Doorman's top. i just asked for ya

Ah well that's OK, I ordered them both anyway along with a bunch of others I want specifically so whatever these Doorman's Top plants happen to turn into will be OK with me. So long as they aren't N. lamii, it's so boring looking!
wink.gif

Hi,

you should have asked me earlier
smile.gif

The plants are part of our new pricelist that can be found at www.wistuba.com

This is the one currently running as spec. Irian Jaya 1:
Unbenannt-3.jpg

Unbenannt-4.jpg

Unbenannt-5.jpg

This might be either N. papuana or something new (spec. Irian Jaya 2):

Unbenannt-2.jpg

Bye

Andreas

Thanks for posting the pictures Andreas

Very nice pictures Andreas!
smile.gif
The last one looks like a black N. merrilliana. The first plant is a definate must-have in my collection!

Awesome - thanks a lot Andreas, I can't wait to try my hand at these!
smile.gif

Have you been growing either of these (other than in TC) can you tell me what they're like?
Such as rate of growth (leaves per month - or months per leaf)? Any specifics on soil mix and temperatures that I should know? It appears in the photos that they are growing in rather exposed sites and will enjoy intense light.
How large were the pitchers which you photographed? They look to be pretty big.

Back