What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faizaliana

I've managed to waste much of my time trying to find out something about this plant but I can't seem to find anything. I just found a picture of it after searching for it after seeing it in the latest ICPS newsletter *drool*. I'm interested in getting one but I'd like to know more...

One of my favorites! Easy to grow intermediate/highland. Likes bright light. Havn't noticed anything unusual about it. Small plants take a while to gain size but once they hit 3-4" they will get large pretty quickly. What else would you like to know?
Tony

Really pretty and adapts fast too. I put my new one out on my porch right after I got it and it is already putting out its third new leaf in only a month

Tony you forgot to mention it smells funky.
biggrin.gif

Funky eh? I have a primarily lowland terrarium which stays quite warm, would it like that? Also how big does it get? BTW: how big does a Sanguinea get? Just wanted to throw that out there.
biggrin.gif

Sanguniea will be quite large when mature, reachin pitcher sizes of a foot and larger. The lowland terrarium amy be too warm for Faizliana as TOny mentioned it is an intermediate highlnader and may be harmed/stunted by true lowlander conditions.

O yeah hehe

Whenever I open up a bag of faizaliana that has just come in.. there is a distinct citrus kind of smell.

It will get to be a pretty large plant with long tendrils and large pitchers.

Citrus smell?? Now I gotta get home and start sniffing my plant
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Back