What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. gracilies

just took a couple of pics. tonight of N.gracilis and thought i would share them. didn't turn out to great due to they where taken at night plus the flash put a glare on some of the leaves

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

good pics! Looks like your keeping them nice and healthy, N. Gracilis grow like weeds!

I'm looking at the tag at the lower right corner of the bottom pic and I see $7.50. I gave more than that for a sprout, but it's doing what is is supposed to, growing like a weed! lol

I got 5 3 weeks ago from the hosts here, but for some reason, my staring at them with great will power doen't make them grow faster
sad.gif

yes, i got the mother plant really cheap from a nursery around here. when i got it, it was in really poor condition and was told that it never pitchered for as long as they had it. w/ a little tlc and just watering it. it start to put out pitchers 3 wks ago.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GEORGE-CP @ Dec. 12 2002,07:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes, i got the mother plant really cheap from a nursery around here. when i got it, it was in really poor condition and was told that it never pitchered for as long as they had it. w/ a little tlc and just watering it. it start to put out pitchers 3 wks ago.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Some people are stupid

Think she was reffering to the people at the nursery
biggrin.gif

I've got three questions now and maybe more later.

(1)With your growing conditions does your gracilies get a lot of humidity.
(2)Is it in a very hot temperature condition or not.
(3)Do you use the tray method or keep the soil damp or how do YOU water it?

Wesley, to answer your question i grow N.Gracilis outside here in the central west coast of florida.
the humidity out side is anywhere from 50-100% temp is any where from 50-100 degress. depends on what time of the year it is. sometimes even colder. i hang the plant in a basket from a swing that is in the back yard. i water it once a week but, i mist it 2 times a day. so the leaves and the soil are some what moist. lately i have not been doing a thing to it due to all the rain we have been having latly. i also have 8 pellets of multi cote all purpose plant food on top of the soil mix. the soil mix is peat moss and sand. the plants has about 20 shoots growing from the pot. w/ each vine about 1 1/2' long.

hope i answered all your questions and then some.

Back