What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. rajah seedling - naked...

Hi,

after discussing the roots of N. rajah in one of the N. rajah threads it may be of interest for some how tall the roots even of a small seedling in fact are. This is a picture of a seedling few months out of TC with about one inch diameter.

N_rajah_seedling_small.jpg

Joachim

Joachim,

Thanks for the photo! I am not surprised by it, but it certainly illustrates the point
quite well. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words....

I have seen plants of this species no more than 7 cm in diameter with roots that
nearly fill a 10 cm diameter pot. Quite a remarkable thing.

Very nice picture Joachim! i am afraid to even think about what the root mass looks like on my 6 inch (15 cm) N.Rajah!
wow.gif
smile.gif

Thanks Joachim !!
It's a very explicative picture.
I post photos of my little rajah in July.
I do it now because I don't know if it will be possible in future with Club Photo.
12668935-2471-02000155-.jpg

12624973-7b0b-02000155-.jpg

What do you think about!

Kind regards

rajah

Also here is my 6 inch diameter Rajah, I figuered I'd post this ASAP too as Clubphoto deal on the no more free albums.It is in an 8 inch pot. Planted in pure living red and green sphagnum as you can see and gets a temp drop to 50-40F at night. Get's very high humidity and rain or RO water.

12672258-742a-01600120-.jpg

12672254-03ed-01600120-.jpg

You can see small side shoots near the plants main stem.

Back