What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my new nep

Ive just rescued an uknown nep at Lowes. It was in a little plastic box, in straight peat with no drainage holes and dry as a bone.
I was putting it in a bigger pot noticed the main root has split and it looks like there are 2 plants in one. The small plant has 5 or so leaves and it looks like the newest leaf has a prepitcher. The larger one has alot more leaves and 3 or 4 open pitchers. Im assuming i can split it. If so whats the best way of doing it?
Also, what kind of Nep does Botanical Wonders sell to Lowes?

thanks,

josh

I have found out that N.Ventricosa is the one that is sold to Lowe's from Botanical Wonders. Care to see mine after appox. 1 year after I bought it? I also think your double growth pointed Neps may just be 2 plants next to each other and it APPEARS that they are together. I could be wrong though.

(Edited by nepenthes gracilis at 5:59 pm on May 14, 2002)

They dont usually make mistakes like that. It could also be a shoot couldn't it. They also sell N. Judith Finn.

I have an N. Ventricosa and i think the leaves are greener on the new nep. also it looks like the pitchers look like they are alot greener on the new one as well. there isnt redish color like my N. Ventricosa.
As for it being 2 plants...i think its a shoot.

josh

er...bad grammer...
also it looks like the pitchers are alot greener on the new one as well.

Well considering that you Neps are two juvenile plants, the pitcher will be a dull green anyway as the palnt isn't mature!!!! As that you have 2 shoots I would just let them grow together as you'll have a nice bushy plant when it gets bigger!
smile.gif

not to mention bad spelling. ;)

ah...thanks nepenthes gracilis...ill leave em alone for now. :)

josh

So Lowe's has Judith Finn and ventricosa? I may go back! I got a sundew and butterwort from there.

im still trying to figure out (not trying to hard ;) ) what mine is.

josh

Back