What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This looks scary bad plz help-urgent!

its been sunny all day and plant got quite warm !!! the bigger pitcher i fed it is a pale yellowish color isntead of green like the unformed pitchers, is this the color it turns after a while or is it dying ?!
sad.gif
confused.gif
sad.gif

How old are the pitchers. Did you take out the terrierium out side and left it the in directsunlight? and are the pitcher crispy? If so then the got burned and Can you tel me what kind of a nep this is? Hope it gets better if it got burned.
smile.gif
--Phil

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Phil traper2 @ April 30 2003,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How old are the pitchers. Did you take out the terrierium out side and left it the in directsunlight? and are the pitcher crispy? If so then the got burned and Can you tel me what kind of a nep this is? Hope it gets better if it got burned.
smile.gif
--Phil[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
uh im not sure how old from beginning but it just opened a few days ago, it was in the usual window its been at all year since i got it im just wonderin if its bad, when its that color. its a madgascar., how do i tell its burnt ? i dont wn squish it and find out its not burned and destroy it...
confused.gif

You dont always have to click the Quote button, you can just press reply on the bottom of the topic. And you can check if some part of the pitcher are different color then other part on the pitcher. Another thing is the pitcher mite be a little crispy check it eith your fingers or hand you wont squish the pitcher. And if you are going to get th N. Amp or and seedlings you should have a terrarium becuase the amp likes the humidity and hot temps.
You can have it buy the window but mostly what I would do in your case is get a 20 gallon terrarium with a humidifier that PFT sells and a Light fixture at lowes for 8 dollar for a 48"and put in 2 40watts bulbs and that would be a very cool set up and most off all your plants will love it.
BTW, The N. Madagascarnsis pitchers should turn fire engine red, not yellow.
biggrin.gif
--

Actually Phil, upper pitchers of N. madagascariensis are yellow. And it also is apprant that some forms of N. madagascariensis are yellow/red so it probably is just a color variant.

The side facing the window is browned with some yellow areas around it? That would be sunburn then.

Plants need to be adjusted to handle high light. Next to a window it is even more of a risk because the air movement is less than outdoors so plants get hotter faster. So any time you move your plants or get a new plant be careful to adjust them slowly.

Tony

No nep is to small to feed a N. Argentii has pitcher that only get to about 1inch and they can be feed. It doesn't mater how big the itcher is you can feed it. It might be becuase you feed it and know he pthcer is diesing it ok it happenessometime. I know you pobably want yourplants ptchers to be more colorful but just move it couple inches forward closer towards the window and see if it does any damage, keep doing it until you find a perfect spot were it get great light and doesn't get burned. You mght want to shade it a little later on in the summer and late Spring as the sun is going to get stronger. Afternoon sun is very strong so make sure you hade it later on. Have fun
biggrin.gif
--Phil

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Phil traper2 @ April 30 2003,02:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
well i have a bulb now so its going to have constant light now nd its really far way at first. so yeah as long as plant lives im happy
smile.gif

Yeah I knew that there is some half red and half yellow N. Madagas and Ididnt think he would have a plant that is already shooting up upper pitchers since it is such a slow growing nep. I thought he would have the common Fire engine red pitchers.
smile.gif
I think they are just burned. It is okaythe plant isn't going to die but the pitcher is going to brown and thats it. I would say puting a A/C unit and having it blow around the whole room on mid power then it would be a lttle better if you try the idea that Tony and I sayed.
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Phil traper2 @ April 30 2003,02:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
i feel strting with this bulb and later getting a terrarium is best for my plant:)

Back