What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clipeata

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
HI there
smile.gif

I'm going thru a major debate in my head on wheather or not to order a N Clipeata.
Is anybody here lucky enough to grow this plant that can share what it's like to grow and help me make up my mind?

UC if you find a RELIABLE source, ask for a discount and I'll order one with you.
Let me know how you go cause I want one bad!!

Cheers, fatboy.

ok I gave in and ordered it and now I feel bad because I just seen your post Fatboy
sad.gif

So anybody have any tips for me to keep this plant alive? Oh and if anyone wants to know where I got it drop me a line on the messenger service I'll be more than happy to let you know they are &#3649.00 &#3659 with shipping ouch!!!
GOD please don't let me kill this one!

Hello,

I'm growing N. clipeata for two years now. The plant had an diamater of abot 8cm to 10cm when I bought it and produce its first peltat leaf. I'm growing it in my terrarium under intermediata to highland conditions with full sun from sunrise to 12 o clock. It seems to like it:

N_clipeata_side.jpg

The developing pitch in the front is about 9cm high.

Joachim

Just in case you guys weren't aware of jeff's clarification on commercial posting, it really now only applies to other vendors trying to snatch business by posting here.

I personally feel it would be rude to post a link to another site telling someone there is a specific plant petflytrap sells that you could get at that other site (i.e. saying go to www.here.com to buy this flytrap) but since phil and jeff don't sell cipetea, you can post away.

I think Unknownclown is getting it from www.cpjungle.com and they appear to have a limited supply.

just a note though, I recently ordered a plant from here that they said was in-stock, and it was sold out from under me. I never heard a word about it, and had to call on MY dime to find out what the deal was, no replies to e-mail or anything... perhaps this is normal for this and other business, perhaps phil and jeff have set a pretty high standard to attain.

Ram, where did you buy the plant from and it was sold out under you? PFT? CPjungle?

I think he was talking about CPjungle.

OK then. Ram the reason you had your "problem" is because Michael is VERY busy this time of year. he usually tries to reply to e-mails everyday but sometimes doesn't get around to it. I have ties in with him and have recently chatted and he is one busy bee right now.

you know after I posted that I thought the same thing Ram Puppy and yup youre right Im getting it from Cpjungle

Tony sells stuff doesnt he? Or does he live overseas?

I understand all about people being busy
smile.gif

I don't however understand how someone can sell you a plant, then sell it to someone else.  That is dirty ( in my book ).

UC, keep on top of them to make sure that you will get your plant.  That is my only advise.

I am not sure where else you can get the plant right now.  There are many places, but none offer them.

Maybe in a few months, I can see what I can do to get a hold of some.  
smile.gif

Yes I have clipeata. I am also getting more from Borneo exotics where CPJ is getting theirs. I am also not selling/shipping them until:

1. They are established and growing well. I never sell plants that have recently been imported.
2. I am convinced they are truelly clipeata. I have been chatting with Rob Cantley for quite some time over these plants and sending pics back and forth of some of my plants which are several feet tall. They match Danser's description very closely but not exactly. I will have a better idea what mature pitchers look like on this particular clone when my big plants finish developing new pitchers in a few weeks.

Tony

Ugh Tony I didnt know that or I wouldve bought it from you:(
Oh and Im not worried about them selling it out from under me if they do then they dont get my money
smile.gif

well, as far asI know CP jungle did not ever charge my card. If they did, we will have issues.

What I take issue with is that I was told they sold seven the week before, and the fact I had made my order that same week, on a monday if I remember right, so it baffles me how others could have bought the same week unless there were 7 orders placed before I made mine on that monday. regardless, I am not mad that he sold it 'out from under me' I am mad that I had to call him long distance and spend my money after two weeks of repeated contact attempts through e-mail and spend MY hard earned money on long distance to find out he had no intention of shipping me a plant.

That is downright bad customer service, and there is no excuse for it. as busy as phil and jeff are I have never had a problem getting anything taken care of with them, like I said, perhaps the customer service bar has been set to high by Phil and Jeff and I expect to much.

ALl it would have take is a simple e-mail.

Not to be a real *** or anyhting but would you rather pay 10 cents like you are now for long distance or above 10 cents up here in NY? Not sure exactly but it is 10 cents or above a little. I have had to call him too on several occasions and I  simply make the conversation short and sweet.

(Edited by nepenthes gracilis at 4:22 pm on May 10, 2002)

Good customer service is a must for me. Thats why I only buy from 2 nurseries.

Back