What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My mystery nep

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
So I have a cutting of this Nep that I got off one of the profs here, he didn't know what it was but it is nice so I said sure. I got the cutting rooted and put it outside with my other Neps. In less than a weeks time it has gone totally orange-red. I seem to recall that northiana has this trait when under anything but low light. Am I recalling corectly or am I nuts?

Well Pyro,
You are nuts, but that has nothing to do with your recolection!
wink.gif

Sorry, though, can't add any insight, just smart a$$ comments.....

N. sanguinea can be orange-red too(some clones), as well as N. bicalcarata or ventricosa. Can you give us a pic? Best likely scenariao is probably a hybrid.

Regards,

Joe

N. khasiana has reddish-orange leafes under good lighting conditions...at least mine in the greenhouse does.

I have a N. maxima with red/orange upper leaves.

Glenn

It isn't khasiana or ventricosa (I own both of those plants and know how they look) and bical is out because of the pitchers.

When I saw the plant I thought maxima but the leaves are wrong.

I was thinking hybrid too, might northiana be a parent and pass the turn red trait on?

I have a sanguinea next to an xRokko, and the sanguinea is green but the xRokko is so orange is't freeking me out.

Hmm...hopefully it's not orangy reddish leaves from death occuring.

Back