What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holland

G

What is the Holland hybrid( its parantage, cultivation).

Here is a picture of a pitcher...

N._x_Holland_Hybr.JPG

I cant find info on it, sorry...

Also( I'm getting ready to order a large number of nepenthes) what's N. veitchii x lowii's ease of cultivation? And the usual question, its humidity tolerance. Thanks for your help everyone!
smile.gif

This was posted in the CPDigest a couple years ago by Jason Ashley ..
"'Holland Hybrid'-- Came from Peter's and he told me that the supplier was
very secretive about the parentage of this plant. From what I can tell it
appears to be an alata with some rafflesiana and possibly even some maxima.
Not having anything but pictures to go by it's hard to tell."

I would agree on the maxima, rafflesiana.. the rest ..
confused.gif

All I could find on it...

Tony

I understood that Holland Hybrid was a nepenthes of "lost" parentage; the original grower didn't know what it was, but thought the pitchers were distinct enough that the plant should be propogated. The same thing is happening now with Nepenthes 'Gentle' from DeRoose. I can't imagine why a grower/hybridizer would possibly want to keep the parentage of a plant secret, but you never know. Oz

Holland Hybrid is not a register cultivar according to the ICPS so no ifo avialable. I would say N x Alata,Maxima,and Rafflesiana and to me it looks like a little Truncata perhaps.

It definately has some maxima in it, but I don't know about truncata. I'm going to order this plant soon. Can anyone find out if its highland or lowland? How Large does it get. I'll search(I've checkerd every place) for some more answers.

I think it is a highland as I recall myself.

Perhaps you should ask the grower your getting it from? After all they are growing it.
T

The place I might get it from can only be reached between Fri. and Mon. I'll call them today.

I can buy one for ten bucks...

Back