What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Nep!

I just bought a N.Alata for £14.95. It looks good, has all healthy pitchers and has 2 plants in one pot. Both plants have roughly 10 pitchers on aswell
tounge.gif
I'm happy
smile.gif

Excellent, sounds like you got a good deal!

Yes! I think it was a good deal! The pitchers are actually quite large, I'd say biggest being 6 inches.
wink.gif

Man,
   Where do you guys find all these cool plants....?

I go to Home depot.  VFT's.   Local nurseries.  NOTHING (well, with one exception...they have little pot of horrors.  These are really little guys.  You're lucky if there's ONE pitcher on a nep).  There's no Lowes near me...Any one every find them at Dill's Best?  Never been in there...

Well I live in the UK, but the stock of CPs is going quickly! I also bought a Heliamphora - but thats off topic.
wink.gif

Wow, 6 inches? That's huge for what you paid
smile.gif

Got any pictures of it?

Schloaty, I've never seen any Neps in any Home Depot or Lowe's, HD only carries plants from Booman Floral, at least the ones I visited.

Schloaty the Little pot of Horrors Neps are x Judith Finn hybrid I have several. They grow biggest and best in an intermediate/highland setup. In my lowland they don't do as well. Once you get them out of the local nursury and put them in good conditions at your house they'll start growing good. I got one about 2" across in Jan/Feb and now it's 10-12" across with it's first 3" pitcher which has a very wide dark purple peristome and lime green pitcher body starting to make a very neat looking plant! The best selection of neps is online and with the Priority mail service you'll have your plants in 2-3 days. I still look at local nursuries and greenhouses but online you can get the rarest and most interesting species plants for great prices (PFT included). PM me if you want a few links to places I've shopped online.

Swords,
I actully bought most of my stuff on line (or traded for it). I was just lamenting. It's really cool to go into a store and just see them sitting there... begging for a good home...
wink.gif

Yes, I know just how that is!
smile.gif

Yes, I have just checked the pitchers with a tape-measure, and the 2 biggest are a few millimeters over 6 inches. I will be taking pictures soon.
Sorry, for got to include: Is there any special requirements for 'Alata's that I need to know, or is there a place on the net where I can view a care sheet or something? Thanks!

Back