What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowering maxima

My N. maxima had an accident about 4 months ago... fell about 4 feet to the ground and broke. I took a cutting which rooted and the new cutting is sending up a flower stalk. Extremely cool. I'll post a pic later.
smile.gif

Can you give more details about the fall? I'd like to push my ventricosa off a cliff so it will bloom, too.
wink.gif

Congrats!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Phil traper2 @ July 09 2003,10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">can u pos pics please
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
WOW! Congrats!
*puts elbow on grow rack near his maxima and turns around very fast, knocking the maxima 4 feet to the ground, where it breaks* Oops! I swear, I didn't do it purposly! *turns around, picks maxima up, and wispers under his breath, "I hope you flower!"*
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif

Yes, post pics!!!
biggrin.gif

OK... (drum roll) here they are. Not much to look at yet.
N_maxima_flowers_web.jpg

I guess I'll throw in a few more gratuitous pics...
N_ventricosa_red04_web.jpg

N_dashy_koto17_web.jpg

N_bicalcarata07_web.jpg

N_ampularia03_web.jpg

I know, I know, it's not a nep...
rolleyes.gif

Sarra_wasp01_web.jpg

Do you know you have a male maxima

if the plant is male, maybe youc oud send me some pollen? If my maxima is female, and it flowers in the next year, I'll pollinate,a nd we can split the seeds, half and half. sound good?
biggrin.gif

-spec

no it doesnt sound good
jk
lol
inside joke

Dyflam said:
http://www.petflytrap.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]2]OK... (drum roll) here they are. Not much to look at yet.
N_maxima_flowers_web.jpg

do you have a recent pic of the whole plant and its flower i want to see this bad boy

Back