What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transplanting...

My gubler's nep is it's original three inch pot right now, and therefor, its only pithered leaf is hanging style (ie, its below soil level, on the outside of the pot). Two new leaves that are about to form pitchers, are descending (arching), and are getting closer to the soil by the day. I was wondering. I assume it is a good time to repot as each new leaf is half an inch to two thirds of an inch bigger than the last , its a big boy now (kinda, heh...). SO, if I repost it, how do I accomodate this below soil level hanging pitcher? Do I dig a little hole? sit it on top of the soil with the leaf flattened a bit (not right on top of the soil, but wherever it happens to be), and will the tendril be under stress because it would not be HOLDING pressure (ie. the leaf is at say for example, a ninety degree angle, and the pitcher is tangling down from it. Put your finger under the pitcher (in my case it would be the ground), and push up... that creates stress, no ?)? I know this sounds weird, but TRY to imagine....... What do I do? I can buy a pot on friday (TOMMOROW!!!)... I would like to repot before the other leaves get so low that this would happen to them.

umm just repot and lay it on the soil. There is no getting around that it's gonna look a little funny until new pitchers develop from new leaves.
T

Back