What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes pollen...again!

Hi-

My Nepenthes merrilliana is now in spike, getting ready to flower for the first time. Obviously, I'm not sure of the gender, but because a flowering merrilliana is a pretty rare occurence for most collectors, I don't want to waste this opportunity. The flowers should be open in about a week, so I'm searching now for other male and female plants in flower. I have a couple others that should also be opening at about the same time, but I want to be prepared... Anybody have anything in flower? Oz

WOW! That is excellent OZ!
smile.gif
By any chance, do you think that you could post a pic of your plant? I'm just interested at how big it is.

Joel

Aloha Oz,

I sent you a PM regarding what I had in bloom at the moment. Please let me know what sex your plant is ASAP and I will either get some pollen off to you or await some of your pollen. Thanks.

Kim

After some input from Kim, it seems my plant should bloom male. I'll send some pollen off, Kim. I'll try to get a pic on here soon, Joel. Oz

Back