What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brown leaves

G

glamp88

I know that this is the time for dormancy and everything, and a few leaves on my pitcher plant are getting sort of brown. Should I be worried? Oh and I have a Nepenthes ventricosa.

Welcome to the forums.

N. ventricosa does not need and should not be put into dormancy. It will kill the plant.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
confused.gif

Any more details? Like lighting, temp, watering method, humidity, etc.

Moved to Nepenthes area...

if the leaves are on the bottom of the plant don't worry about it. it is just old leaves dieing off.

What should I do about humidity? I have a terrarium, but I'm not sure if I should use it. If I should use it I'm not sure how to make it humid.

I get as much humidity that I can without making the leaves actually wet. When I had Nepenthes  in aquariums the lids were sealed almost entirely. All you should need for an aquarium style terrarium is a piece of plexiglass that will cover the top opening. You might need to cut it a bit smaller so there is a small gap for excess humidity to escape.

I have large chambers now and set my humidistat and humidifier to retain the humidity at 85%, most of the time the tanks are full of cloud vapor.

The more the merrier as they say!
biggrin.gif

Back