What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep. rafflesiana

hi,
How large, on average, are the pitchers of the rafflesiana from petflytrap when they arrive? and how large will they get in 6 months? thanks,
Spectabilis73
smile.gif

Like most Nepenthes when sold (unless you order them large) the pitchers will be a good size. The Nepenthes I have gotten from PFT are ALWAYS healthy and have many pitchers on them, so expect a great plant!
smile.gif
Anyhow, Raff is generally fast and vigorous grower if it's in lowland conditions. Should be quite large in 6 months. My N.Raff "Singapore Giant" I got in August and now is already increasing in leaf size amazingly! Leaves double to triple in size ever time the form. The typical var. from PFT is also fast and vigorous so you should have a nice sized plant on your hands by 6 months passing. remeber, it takes 3 months for it to fully acclimatize to your environment so actually you'll have to wait about 9 months if it is going to be growing in your conditions for 6 months becasue the 3 months it will be adjusting not really growing at full speed and size.
smile.gif

N. rafflesiana should be a rapid grower.  The giant rafflesiana attains a large size quickly, but it does put out leaves more slowly than other forms.  Still waiting for 12"+ pitchers on my one meter diameter plant though.

My. N. rafflesiana from PFT has pitchers between 1/2 inch and 1 inch. I have had it for about a month now.

Hey,

Flint here, I have had my pft Raff for about 10 months or so, I am getting about 3.5" pitchers, they look absolutly amazing, it's become my favorite Nep in my collection, I love the very odd shape it forms, VERY different from other species I have, and I really like the color patterns I am getting. From pft it was like solid green, now there are lots of variing splotches or yellow and brown, just looks cool. It is like everyone said a very rapid grower, I have a new pitcher every like 9-11 days, which seems pretty quick to me.

my Raff. pitchers are 4" tall don't know how old it is and it is from agri-starts III

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I have a new pitcher every like 9-11 days[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Wow. That is fast. My giant for takes around a month to completely form a pitcher. I think I'll get one from here
smile.gif

My singapore giant isn't slow. Just slower then the typical vars. of Raff. I would call it a close second growing rate with a Truncata so yeah I guess it is slow but the new leave makes noticable changes over 2-3 days. Rajah grows faster then it so yeah it's slow! lol.
smile.gif
Pitcher's on it take about 1 week to form AFTER the leaf has unfulred and begun deploying the tendril.

n.grac. yes i will agree w/ you there the rajah does grow faster than raff. does but raff. is faster than bacal. also it is starting to get chilly here in florida so the lowland neps are going to slow down in growth a little.
a new pitcher every 9-11 days wow but i check on my plants everyday and don't really keep track of how long it takes them to grow.

Back