What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Witch one

• Thread starter Jmenprkr
  • Start date
Which one should I choose.. Im a newb

If I had to picka couple of speciecie that would be good first time candidates, I would say N. alata and N. ventricosa. They are somewhat intermediate and can survuve a more diverse temperature range. Hybrids are good beginer plants, too. An excellent one is N. x ventrata, which is ahybrid of the above too.
My two cents worth.

Regards,

Joe

I agree with Joe, especially on the ventricosa. If you are in an environment that is better suited to lowland plants I would suggest N. rafflesiana or N. mirabilis as well.
smile.gif

N. Rafflesiana, N. Ventrata, N. Judith Finn, N. Ventricosa, N. Sanguinea, N. Mirabilis, N. Dreamy Koto I think it is easy nep.
biggrin.gif
A lot of the neps will out grow the tank. I would get a 29 gallon tank and buy square pots. The square pots fit great and will have no cracks and have more space with square pots then round pots. And when yo are gong to feed the Neps crickets you can put like 2 crickets in and they won't fall down to the bottom of the tank and will jump around in the pots and will jump into a pitcherLOL. What ever you get have fun!
biggrin.gif
--Phil
BTW PFT sells great beginner neps and there neps are great in great condition. You will like them
smile.gif
alien.gif

What kind of conditions do you have? Then we can narrow the search alot,
Kevin

I live in high high a dry state colorado

Back