What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats that in my n.ventricosa?

• Thread starter seedling
  • Start date
So I put a couple spare N.Ventricosa that I got on clearance from homedepot last year into my wifes snake tank.  

After one month they are still doing well and the Snake has not killed or damaged them.

Actually he likes to hang out on their ledge and strike down onto the dead mice we toss in.

pic #1

pic #2

pic #3

cool , i rarely find neps in my store but if i did and they were for sale i would really like to put them in my terrium with my snake as well . the plants don't have mnay pitchers as i see butthey still look very happy . what type of snake does your wife own .

Yeah they had more pitchers but about a month and a half ago we went on vacation and my main Nep tank dried out more then I was expecting. No damage to the foliage but allot of my pitchers dried up. They are all growing back now.... lessons learned the hard way.

Oh and the snake is a Children's python.

seeing your pics , i am considering making my terraium look like that , i just hope that regis my ball python won't crap of knock things over
rolleyes.gif

well , i tried to put in a small nep hybrid and a d. capensis but the snake knocked em over and squished them , oh well , the plants did enjoy the enviroment in the tank though but i guess my snake did'nt like the look fo green so i took the planst out .

My tank is still doing well, the snake has decided he likes to sleep behind the neps. He has even stopped using his favourite bamboo tube and sleeps out side all the time now.

I am thinking perhaps the ball python is allot larger then the children's python and can do more harm? also I used to have tons of artificial plants in the tank, he is accustomed to the green. Perhaps you should start with some fake plants and when the novelty has past put some neps in.

Here are some updated pictures, you can see the snake up top in his favourite spot and I also just added two N.rafflesiana I just got from home depot.

snaketank1.jpg

snaketank2.jpg

Back