What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for pollen

Hi gang--My plea for pollen a month ago met with no success, but I lucked out...another nepenthes I had that was blooming at the same time turned out to be a male. I've got seed setting now for a new cross: Nepenthes xSavannah Rose X (ventricosa x xiphoides). Should be interesting. Problem now is that I have two more plants sending out female flowers and I am out of pollen. I have a N. khasiana and a N. ventricosa that should be prime for pollinating for the next week or so. Anyone providing pollen will split any resultant seed. Email me direct if you've got anything to offer. Oz

Hey oz!

I'm sure that lots of ppl here would send you pollen in a heartbeat, but It just appears that very few actually have flowering neps at the moment. I know that I would send you pollen if I had any... but all of my plants are too young.
sad.gif
I just hope that my plants will be do something next year so that I can send you some pollen!
wink.gif

Take care.

Joel

Want some of my Rajah's pollen?
smile.gif
You'll have to wait another year at least if anyone does want some! :biggrin: Sorry though man, no flowering Neps. YET, but soon I think Truncata and Ventricosa should do so.

Oz,

I have a few things in bloom at the moment. N. maxima male plants should be opening soon. N. x leesii is also blooming and a male plant. I will get pollen off to you soon. Several of my female ventricosas are blooming at the moment. I will check and see if any male ventricosas are blooming. Several more neps should be blooming shortly.

Kim

My female N.khasiana is also sending out a spike, so save some pollen for me please.

lol, i doubt ur rajah will have a flower stalk in a year, but who knows,

maybe it could, maybe not, but by the size of yours i am not sure, maybe in 2 years?

I tlaked to catalani and he says it is near flowering age. So there! nanana!
smile.gif

Hmm,

near floweing age, i want a rajah man, i need to save my money and buy a 20 or 25 gallon tank, and start a highland tank, hopefully i can get a job when i turn 15 in august, at this smoothie place
smile.gif
its coo place, and then get a ventrosica and it can be a companion with the rajah, but first ill have to test temps with the ven, like 50-60 at night and how high during the day?? i am only sure of the night temps, what do u keep urs, isnt it like 70-80 in the day?

My alata is flowering soon, the buds haven't opened yet, so not sure its a male or a female.

I'd be glad to offer some pollen unless my my other alata flowers and is the opposite gender. If that happens, I would like to take my first stab at growing neps from seed! :)

Pat

Thanks for all the offers, everyone. As it turns out, there are more plants getting ready to flower since my first post, so any responses after Memorial Day will be welcome. If you have something to offer, I will split the results with you, which could number into hundreds of seeds. I have a khasiana, x Savannah Rose, and a ventricosa in need of pollen at the moment. Email me if you have anything. Thanks in advance- Oz

Back