What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Ventricosa

Hello all,
I was looking at the pics of N. Ventricosa that some people own on the internet and looking at mine, different looking. I mean the there is an one centimeter gap between each leaf while lookig at other there isn't any gap; it's all compact? I give this guy 9 hrs of light per day. What's wrong or is this normal?
confused.gif
confused.gif

hi. It is normal for my ventrincosa, and I give it anywhere from 1-5 hours of direct sun, ( depending on the weather) with alot of misting.

Has it been producing large pitchers? If the pitchers are small it might be that the sphagnum (or whatever else it's growing in) has built up minerals. I had noticably larger space between each leaf as well as smaller pitchers on my N.ventricosa when they are in the same pot for a few years. They quickly stayed more compact and the pitchers were much larger right away after repotting.

The plant are producing 2.5 inches pitchers currently.

When you mean gap is that at the stem or where?
confused.gif

Wesley

The distance between the leafes do elongate when Nepenthes do leave the rosette growing state and do start to climb. N. ventricosa does this normally aged about two years. When the distance elongates at small plants, light levels are propably to low.

Joachim

Ventricosa is overall a compact Nepenthes. But yes as Joachim mentioned the nodes will start to seperate when the plant wants to climb up something.

The distance between the each leaf and the stem between them.

Back