What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Made some cuttings last night

schloaty

Staff member
Well, as the title says, my 90 gallon tank just wasn't tall enough any more! So I took a four cuttings....

Two from my N. Wrigliana (not sure if I will succeed with these, but I HAD to trim the sucker, so why not?).

One from my gracilis (no problem on this one&#33
wink.gif

One from my x coccinea (didn't need to be trimmed, but I figured it might be a nice way to stimulate some new growth points)

So, with any luck at all, in about two or three months I'll have some nice trade bait.

I know this kind of off topic but can you do x coccinea cuttings in pure water? I have 2 cuttings of x coccinea in LFS but they arent rooting..

I haven't tried N. x "cocciena" in just water, but I imagine that they probably would root, since I have found that when using LFS as a rooting media, they root better in really wet conditions. For example I will set the rooting containers (film canisters with holes in the bottom) witch contain the LFS and the cutting in 1/2 inch of water. They root readily in these conditions.

Try it and see what happens.

I should start another topic (sorry) and I know this is covered in another topic but I just want be extra sure for future reference in Neph Cuttings.

Are these ready for cuttings and where should I cut them??

nephexample.jpg

nephexample2.jpg

nephexample3.jpg

Thxs
LenG444

I wish I had a Wrigleyana...
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish I had a Wrigleyana[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Well, Dyflam, I'll keep you in mind if I'm successful!!
biggrin.gif

I am of the opinion that any time my plant is taller than I want it to be it is ready for cutting.

And I cut them back where I want them and then worry about making cuttings from the bits I removed.

Back