What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x 'judith finn'

Nep G.
Where did you get it (or are you asking 'cause you can't remember)?

The leaves look almost exactly like my x Judith Finn, but my plant is way to immature to compare pitchers.

Anyhow, I got mine from "little pot of horrors" in the local nursery.
Don't know if I'm much help....
confused.gif

got mine right here from the guys at PFT early last year. It's currently exactly the same as your picture - same color, same shape, same pitchers, same leaves, even the same size. Leo

Dustin, i beleave josh has a plant that looks like that if ya look at the picture he posted of his N.hamata there is a pitcher sitting in the back ground of one but that is all that is there no leaf or anything else. maybe he will be able to tell ya where her got his from

Thanks all! I will wait for more replies.
smile.gif

Schloaty, I got it from "Botanical wonders" about 3 years ago. I just wish I can/could replace it, it's such a beautiful plant!

Leo, can you post a picture of your plant? Thanks!

George, thanks for the hint, I'll check out that pic.

He he, I have a N. x jusith finn from the same place. It too was my first Nepenthes. It has put up with my blunders for the past three years, but unfortunately it has been abused, and is among my smallest Nepenthes. Quite the champ though
smile.gif

Hey Nep G, what's so special about this variety? Is it the red peristome? I thought it looked pretty typical since mine looks like that.

Nep G it's a "little pot of horrors" variety Judith Finn. I have one that's 14" across with 6" pitchers (latest) and dark purple peristome. It is not yet climbing but when it does a cutting will surely be yours for the asking!  one thing to note is I am growing it in the highland tank next to the hamata and rajah so it's used to 50-60*F nights, it grows slower in there but it's progress has been astounding  since placing it in the highland conditions.
One funny thing about my J Finn is it has a tendancy to clasp it's leaves on the pot and this is keeping it from growing up so it's growing across the pot horizontally because lower leaves are bending around the top of the pot and seems to be holding the plant down. This must be the N. veitchii charachteristics?
Anyone else have this happen?

HI all, this must be the place in Thurmond, NC that I was trying to get ahold of.

Anywho, that sounds like veitchii characteristics, maybe it thinks it's climbing up a tree.
smile.gif
Joah, could you post a picture of the peristome if it's not too much trouble? Thank you!
smile.gif

Sure man no problem!

Here's the peristome macro view:
jfiinperi.jpg

Pitcher fully colored (apx 5"):
jfinnp.jpg

Hope these help, the images are a bit blurry cos I didn't setup the whole tripod and everything I just hand held the camera.

I believe the little pot of horrors, and botanical wonders clones may be the same, as I have both. I've never witnessed that characteristic in my plants (clinging to the pot), but that's pretty cool. Can't wait till mine mature.

I think I got this one in Jan. 2002 (in a 3" pot with dixie cup over the top) but it might have been Jan. 2001... I didn't start keeping records til I had a tankful of plants but it seems that this plant does grow pretty fast.This is my first nep that I bought and raised from a small plant to a larger one, it still has a way to go as I've heard the pitchers can reach 9 or so inches. I think when I repot it I will stick a 4 foot long x 12" or 18" diameter cork bark tube in the pot and try and train it to grow up if it will clasp the bark and go up like the veitchii at the orchid shop, it would be very nice indeed!
smile.gif

Nep G - as you requested. Leo

jfinn1.jpg

the lemon is there as a frame of reference
jfinn2.jpg

sorry about the HUGE pictures...I should have cropped them.
confused.gif
Leo

ooooo! That's the other same kind! And you got yours here at PFT? I may have to ask Phil if he has any more!
smile.gif

My ony beef with N. x Judith Finn is I can't get them to keep growing right
sad.gif

Rag, What's happening to your J finn?

This is my Jidith Finn before the peristome turned red...

N_JudithFinn03_web.jpg

OK where's everyone getting this JF!
smile.gif
I love that red peristome and purple-hued throat.
smile.gif

Back