What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of unknown nep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
    Here a pic of a nep that I purchased from Lowes a while ago. When I purchased it, the plant was on the verge of dying with a bunch of brown pitchers and dead leaves. a week ago it produced this 2 1/2 inch pitcher, the first since I got it. The pic is kinda fuzzy, but I think you may be able to tell what it is. The plant itself has a 6-7 inch diamiter. I also labled it N. x Ventrata, Thanks,
                                      Kevin
000_0357.jpg

I've got two of these plants. Mine is pitchering like crazy. They are very fast growers. When I got them they were very small, so I put them in the same pot as my bical. They are about to take over the pot. That was about 3 months ago. The bical is much bigger but the Lowes plants as alot more leaves and traps. I'm growing mine with temps averaging from 60 to 90f. High humidity. I have one small growlight above them, and two compact flouresant below (for other plants). I't's also in a very bright window that gets 3 hrs of direct afternoon sun. So far they love these conditions. How are you growing yours?

Hey,
Im growing mine in highland conditions, I though it was ventrata (ventricosa x alata), so I grow it with both of those in my highland tank. 75*F during the day with 80-85% humidity, and then 60*F-65*F during the night with increased humidity. Its growing real fast, aother pitcher should open with another week or so. Thanks,
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back