What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you share your experiences with

schloaty

Staff member
Hi Folks,
I have searched and searched the internet for cultivation info on a couple of neps I am attempting to grow from seeds. I found some good stuff, but there are a few remaining species I need some info on. Can anyone fill me in on their experience with the following neps? Any tricks I should be aware of?

N. Alata, N. Sanuinea and N. Vieillardii

Thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

i believe the reason you didnt get any info on N. Sanuinea is because you spelt it wrong it is. N.sanguinea.
Mike

DOH!
Thanks sar0!

I'll try THAT one again...

My Nepenthes Sanguniea goes through warm days and cool nights; the humidity varies throughout the day (65%-90%). The plant is currently in a mix of peat and perlite.

That's my experience.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Here's a pic of it.
N.%20Sanguniea%20pitcher3.JPG

I have an N vieillardii, but I can't give much advice since mine is struggling to survive multiple bird attacks.  
mad.gif
I believe though that this particular species prefers higher humidity than most. Other than that, give it warm temps.

I also have a N alata "spotted" plant as well as a N sanguinea and they grow fine in lowland/intermediate conditions.

Jœl

I ave a N. Snguinea also only I grow mine in lowland reather then highland and it producesses way bigger pitchers than it used to. The pitchers size is about 3inches I will post a pic up whenI gt a chance.
biggrin.gif
N. Alata on't use the tray method water when soil is dry, it is very fast growing.
biggrin.gif
Havefun growing them

Thanks folks!
I'll bear all this in mind....IF any of my seeds sprout!
wink.gif

Back