What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures!

I purchsed it from J&K Orchids at an orchid show. Their website lists the N. maxima they sell as a highland form, so I have assumed that's what it is. Unfortunately that's all I know.

Eh better yet!
smile.gif
Well that sounds like a neat cross to me. It's a deal my friend, and you can count on a share of the seeds as the doner always gets a share of the goods.
smile.gif
(If it is successful)

Hi Dustin,

the N. mira looks less N. albomarginta-ish under natural light. As a greenhouse grower you won't get pitchers and good growth all year round. Especially the higland plants will suffer during summer when you can't control the temperatures as you want. I've visited Christian and Johannes Marabini this year. Both have greenhouses with fantastic adult Nepenthes - but none of them had a functional N. rajah pitcher to show. Below are actual pictures of my oldest N. rajah. I got this plant exact five years ago as a 1.5cm seedling. It is growing better now, but nowhere near your N. rajah or the plant of Josh. It is around 15cm in diamater and on the second picture the big root-system of this small plant can be seen quite well.

N_rajah_1003_B.jpg

N_rajah_1003_A.jpg

Cheers Joachim

wow thats awesome but no wonder y peeps call it slow

I really like those highland peristomes.  Band name?  "Highland Peristomes"  Naah.  The Mira, like so many things, I've never heard of.  *Runs to books, sure he won't find anything*

Well, "mirabilis"? Darn the common abbreviations I don't know yet.

Hello everyone,
Here's the only 2 Nepenthes that I have.

clipeata.jpg

gracilis.jpg

btw, I use 1 GE Chroma50 40w and 1 GE Plant & Aquarium 40w light for these plants in case anyone was wondering what I used.  I've got compliments on the gracilis due to its coloration.  My lighting cannot take all the credit for the coloration of course, but sharing the little bit that I know might be of some use to someone.
smile.gif

enjoy,
Homer

Homer, nice gracilis! I hope mine looks like that in a couple years. What's the little hybrid? Something x reinwardtiana?

Anyhow, seeing as this is a pic thread, I thought I'd throw in another raflesiana photo:
N.%20raflesiana%203.JPG

Capslock

clipeata x reinwardtiana

It was given to me earlier this year. It's growing slow but sure.

-Homer

Nice raff Capslock!
biggrin.gif
Your is the same one as mine from pft but its peristome is green with purple stripes
confused.gif
And I loved that gracilis nigrapurpurea! I'll try and post pics tomorrow from every nepenthes I have.
wink.gif

wow.gif
9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Joachim Danz @ Oct. 18 2003,11
wow.gif
9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Dustin,

the N. mira looks less N. albomarginta-ish under natural light. As a greenhouse grower you won't get pitchers and good growth all year round. Especially the higland plants will suffer during summer when you can't control the temperatures as you want. I've visited Christian and Johannes Marabini this year. Both have greenhouses with fantastic adult Nepenthes - but none of them had a functional N. rajah pitcher to show. Below are actual pictures of my oldest N. rajah. I got this plant exact five years ago as a 1.5cm seedling. It is growing better now, but nowhere near your N. rajah or the plant of Josh. It is around 15cm in diamater and on the second picture the big root-system of this small plant can be seen quite well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Joachim, yes you are certainly correct! The evaporative cooler is my life line, or should I say the highlands life line  in the summer months! And now with the addition of a misting system I think I can achive colder air temps with the added fine mist thus more evaporation. So far the best seasons for the highlands are the spring and fall. Summer is ok but I cannot speak for all of them, villosa,diatas,sibuyanensis,mira,inermis,etc haven't been exposed to to summer temps yet. I hope I won't have too much trouble.

Back