What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

am i ok

• Thread starter gazmo
  • Start date
some of the lids on my picture plant are not open why?

Sometimes the lids won't open because humidity is too low. That is just a guess though.

Tell us how you are growing your plant and it will better help us to answer your question.

Pyro

Is it possible that the pitcher haven't reach the final size?

regards

rajah

they grow in my bathroom water 3 times a week we also use the shower alot humid
wow.gif

I think rajah is correct gazmo.

rajah is correct. Your plants pitchers haven't matured yet. Most likey you have easy species like Ventricosa,Alata,Khasiana etc. so wait a little while longer. What species are they anyhow?

Are these pitchers that have matured and opened their lids already and now they are closed??
T

yes i think there at the final size but they are closeing
mad.gif

If the open lid on a mature pitcher closes up.  The main cause is a drop in humidity beyond what the plant is able to handle with moisture uptake.  Excessive heat can lower the plants ability to deal with humidity drop also as the plant is naturally transpiring faster.  

The other causes are related to the plants root structure and health.  The larger and healthier the plants root system the better able it is to absorb moisture and keep up with humidity fluctuation.  Of course the other possibility is that the roots are too dry and there simply isn't moisture for the plant to access.

Do these pitchers lids open back up? So that they are closing during the day and then overnight they open?

Tony

no they close kind of all day and night can you help my

Back