What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help identifing my nep

nepunknown.jpg

Ok this was sent free with an order. I believe it is a N. sanguinea but I'm not sure. Can anyone give me a positive identity and some basic info on this plant so I don't kill it. It has been doing well in a sortof intermediate tank.
Thanks for any help.

joe

OK next time I'll change the print size before I post.

sorry

joe

Nope not N. sanguinea.. Have you asked the person that sent it? Looks alot like one of Geoff Mansells hybrids. He has a bunch of new ones of various combinations. And some are available in the US.

I am going to say it is one of the N. spectabilis hybrids but which one I don't know.

Intermediate to highland conditions should do fine for it.
Tony

hmm....no sanguniea. sorry
smile.gif
Looks like a maxima x Spectabilis?
confused.gif

Thanks guys. I believed I recieved it from a nursery that I recently learned is on the shunned list for possible field collection so I haven't written to find out what it is. Now that I know it is a hybrid I may have an easier time figuring out what it is by closer examinition of pictures. Also, why does this not look like a vine if it is a nep???

thanks
joe

yes, definatly has some spectabilis in it! (you can be sure cause of my name&#33
wink.gif
It doesn't have a vine because it isn't mature and when it is mature the climbing vine will grow out.
smile.gif

OK, Thanks, what conditions do you grow your kids in? (sorry name joke, bad one). I assume since it appears very much like a spec it should grow well under those conditions?? yes?? I am asking because I have 2 more neps coming and need to do some terrarium finalizing.

thanks
joe

Back