What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes gentle

Cindy

Staff member
I saw this plant looking very like a maxima...and the other parent is?

It's my understanding that the other parent/s are unknown.

Tony

I think ( I could be wrong) that GEORGE-CP mentioned once that he managed to track down what "may" be the parentage of this plant.

Speaking of George... has anyone heard from him?

I belive the other parent is veitchii but then that would mean that this would turn out to be a n. x tiveyi but probably its a form of tiveyi .

I'm afraid it was love at first sight for me with this one, its very rare for me to go into a general garden center and be smitten by a CP. Luckly the store had just received their CPs from Holland that day, so it hadn't had months of abuse.

As well as the wide peristome and beautiful markings, the pitchers of N. 'Gentle' are very pubescent, giving them a soft, (gentle?) furry feel.

gentle1.jpg

gentle2.jpg

Vic

OMG that's beautiful! I'm colorblind so I don't usually see the red and pink stuff. I want one like THAT!

*makes note of n.gentle*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vic Brown @ June 24 2003,8:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm afraid it was love at first sight for me with this one, its very rare for me to go into a general garden center and be smitten by a CP. Luckly the store had just received their CPs from Holland that day, so it hadn't had months of abuse.

As well as the wide peristome and beautiful markings, the pitchers of N. 'Gentle' are very pubescent, giving them a soft, (gentle?) furry feel.

gentle1.jpg

gentle2.jpg

Vic[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hi Vic
Nice Nep
wink.gif

Was the garden centre an independant or part of a chain?
My local one only ever keeps "dead" Venus Flytraps
confused.gif

cheers

bill

Hi Bill

The garden centre was Frost's in Brampton, Cambridgeshire, UK. Part of a fairly small chain in my part of England, based near Milton Keanes (I think), I'm not sure if they go as far South as you live. I bought this plant a couple of months ago, I imagine that if they have any left, they will be in a sorry state by now, I was just lucky to get it shortly after in was shipped over from Holland.

Vic

Back