What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x outramiana

• Thread starter Tim
  • Start date
Does anyone have a N. x outramiana? I couldn't find a picture on the net. I would like to know it's basic form and whether it is a highland or lowland type.

Thanks

N.x outramiana=(N.ampullaria x N. rafflesiana)x(N.gracilis x N.khasiana)

N. x Outramiana is a cross of N. gracilis, N. khasiana, N. rafflesiana and N. ampullaria.

Synonyms of the same cross all made back around 1880 N. x Williamsii, N. x Superba, N. x Henryana

A search at the
Carnivorous plant database will yield a result with a picture of N. x Williamsii

Tony

Tony, none of those names work in the search engine on that site.

Regards

Tim, i found it just by typing in the name of the plant into Googles. there was like 4 webpages that came up referring to the plant you wanted to know about

When you do a search there, leave out the X

So try outramiana as your search word

For some reason they are listed as *outramiana in the files
Tony

O almost forgot.. I don't grow it but judging by the parentage I would try lowland conditions.

George, I also saw the names, but no pictures

Tony, even by cutting and pasting your spelling nothing came up.

Thanks

HUH.. I just tried it and it works fine.

You put

outramiana

in the search query box with it set to show all matching entries and hit submit query?

Anyone else try it or have I lost my mind?
Tony

(not sure if this will work but this is the query results
outramiana query)

Works for me, Tony. The "search pattern" link which will bring up some examples on how to search for different things. It is very powerful but the interface is not the easiest one to use though...

Joachim

It worked that time, thanks Tony.

Tony, it worked alright when i left out what ya said to. looks kind of like a dark (N. x coccinea)

Back