What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some cuttings (which hybrid?)

Hi all:

A friend of mine gave me a cutting of this:

alboxveitch2.JPG

I hope i am successful in getting it to root!!. Can anybody tell me which hybrid is this??. it should be an easy one!!

Gus

Hello,
     First thought is N. Sanguinea x Albomarginera?
                  Kevin

Hmmm. Can't be an albomaringata x maxima, as I have one that looks totally different. Pitchers are too short for an alata. Not right for ventricosa. I give up!!!

Capslock

I'm so glad i can reply to questions like this again
rolleyes.gif
. Looks like it could be N. albomarginata x thorelii.

Thank you all. I hope you had as much fun as i did. it is an albomarginata X veitchii. difficult one to guess??

Gus

Nice plant, whatever it is.  That nep is really colorful.

"Looks so nice, is that a flower?, maybe a nice place to stop and rest..."   -- Bugs -- "
wow.gif
"

Agustin,

Although I already knew what it was, I must say the veitchii influence isn't noticeable at all!

Colin

Yes, that's what i like about it. It is like having an albomarginata that likes highland conditions. I'll bet this plant will be very popular!!

Gus

Hello,
Veitchtii would have been my next guess
wink.gif
, very nice plant
smile.gif
. I will have to look into that plant.
Kevin

Where does it get that solid red colouration from? Is the highland veitchii red like that?

Hi Colinliew:

There are at least 5 different types of albomarginata and one of them is reddish in colour. I guess that one was used to make the hybrid with Veitchii.

Gus

That is a cool nep. I have a N. albomaringata x maxima that didn't inherit the white stripe on the peristome, unfortunately. It does, however, have nice pitchers:
N.%20maxima%20x%20albomaringata%202.JPG

This nep grows at a glacial pace, especially compared to my pure N. albomaringata:

N.%20albomaringata%202.JPG

Capslock

That is a GREAT looking nepenthes capslock!
biggrin.gif
It must be an intermediate right? Anyways, its great and so is that black albomarginata
wink.gif

Is it an intermediate? Heck, I don't know! I won it in the BACPS raffle when it was just a pitcherless cutting. Since then, it lives in my house with the rest of my neps. Temps are about 63-75 degrees most days, min to max, sometimes a little higher. It's not what you would call a vigorous grower, but both new leaves made pitchers, and the next one looks good, too.

Capslock

Capslock, for starters your albomarginata is beautiful. Congrats. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Regading your albo X maxima hybrid , I have to agree with you. it is more of a maxima than anything else!!. One will have to get high to see the albomarginata in it!!. If you know what i mean!!.

P.S. I am not promoting drug use!!. Just a joke!!

Gus

Back