What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. jaquelineae

can anyone give me a picture or a link to a site with pictures of N. jacquelineae, somehow i cant find any pictures of it

Hmm, I replied to this post last night and someone deleted it??? ANyway the only place I know you can find a pic of N. jacquelineae is in Nepenthes of Sumatra and Penninsular Maylasia. It's not a cheap book but well worth it!

Just got a copy of Nepenthes of Sumatra and Penninsular Maylasia and saw N. jacquelineae for the first time. I WANT ONE!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

bill

sword or fly-catcher, where did u order that book from. i checked amazon & barnes and noble and they can't seem to find the book in the search option on both pages.

There have been two pictures at Charles Clarke's homepage, but I can't remeber the link and can't find it at the moment.
Maybe someone knows ?

The book is excellent (also is his first one) but not really cheap.

Martin

Tc grown N. jacquelinea will be offered at 2003, if the information is correct.

Charles Clarke's webpage is at Website

and I would post a picture of N. jacquelineae but it is still very small and currently looks like most other neps, maybe next year.

***Nevermind he obviously has either shut down or moved his site - Sorry**
Cheers,

I would, but i ordered Nepenthes from Borneo a few months and it still hasn't came. Each time i go there, the people at the counter look for it and say its not there
mad.gif

Try ordering the book from Malesiana Tropicals they sell both books (and the companion "field guides") it at the lowest prices I've found. I can't vouch for their service as I got mine from teh orchid shop who got the books from MT.

As far as bad experineces for botany books I would avoid ordering anything from Kew Books (they do carry C. clarkes books). They have thus far told me they were sending my copy of The Genus Utricularia several different times since August when I ordered it. Now they claim they have no record of my order due to their book handling dept "changing management". Smells like ........ to me! I prepaid with credit card but they just won't make good on my order. A real shame that a big botanical gardens with such a reputation would do this to a possible returning customer.

thanks sword, i found it. haven't looked in there book department in awhile they added alot of stuff in there.

I got Nepenthes of Sumatra and Penninsular Maylasia along with the excellent field guides direct from Malesiana Tropicals. Excellent service and only took 8 days for delivery to the UK!

Had tried Kewbooks.com for another publication- they were hopeless. Fortunately they didn't charge my credit card. They now use a different supplier, but my faith in them has gone!
So they charged you Swords? I would take it up with the credit card company if Kew don't come with the goods.

cheers

bill

Hi,

I just came across this thread.
If anybody still wants to know how how N. jacquelineae looks like - here is a pic. Well, BTW, this will become available from my nursery in 2003
smile.gif

Bye

Andreas

Nepenthes jacquelineae

N_jac.jpg

photograph copyright by Andreas Wistuba

Andreas, thanks for the picture i'm shore everyone is thankful

thanks. I appreciated your help. now i really want one

Oh Jeeez..... Thats totally awsum!!!

Troy, you discovered that!? Wow... I'm totally speechless, its beautfiul. Now I see why its a compliment have something like that named after you...

Back