What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.aristolochioides in flower(male)

Or, if you want the pitchers to stay large, and with similar effects, try N. klossii x raja. Or (this hybrid would take decades) N. (raja x merriliana) x [(truncata x rafflesiana giant) x sibuyanensis]. ULTIMATE size
tounge.gif

Ragnarok:
why do you think that a combination of 4 big pitchering nepenthes will bring an ultimative pitcher?
I think if you mix lots of species together the result will not be very interesting at all.(and be shure that it will not be the thing you have expected)
Most of the hybrids I have made in the past ,I had only made because there is nothing else to put the pollen onto.
But some are left and promise to be very good:N.talangensis x veitchii,N.tal.x boshiana,N.tal. x ventricosa and N.ventricosa X lowii

Well, you never know what could happen. It could possibly turn out to be a colorful hybrid with vey large pitchers, and is easy to grow. You may not like hybrids, but I do. SO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE
mad.gif
tounge.gif

Ragnarok,
please don't understand me wrong .I like hybrids very much but I try not to go over the first generation (F1)I think if you mix many species they tend to look boring(with possibly some exeptions)
What Plant do you have to put the pollen of N.aristoilochioides onto ?
Chris

Not sure if my female khasiana's flower is still young enough, but I was wondering if you could send a little pollen just in case I could still get some seed. Thanks.

No hard feelins
biggrin.gif

Christian,

Is your N. boschiana a female?  I assume so from the nomenclature of your hybrid.   I expect I saw the plant in your greenhouses last year, but there were so many plants to look at and such little time
sad.gif
  I'll have to visit again soon!

The reason I'm interested is that I have a mature male N. boschiana and it would be nice to recreate this species in cultivation  
smile.gif

BTW, Geoff Mansell's Exotica page has a N. aristolchiodes x N. thorelii on the home page. Interesting to see a hybrid involving the former.

Regards,

Joe

Back