What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not so good

M

MUtE

I received a Nepenthes ventricosa in the mail and it was in healthy condition when i recived it. I have never grown one before but i have tried to follow the basic care instructions that came with the plant. I do plan on getting a terrarium soon for it but right now its in a pot under a grow light. The plant's only 2 pitches have tunred black and wilted these last few days, it doesnt seem to be growing or doing good. I was just wondering if an experienced grower could help me, give me some tips and tell me anything i should know. Thanx.

Sounds like shock, Nepenthes don't like changes in enviroment and they generally loose pitchers and slow down growth for a while. N. ventricosa is pretty tough so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Andrew

-EDIT-Oh, you should also spray the plant with water as often as possible to keep the humidity on the leaves up.

Back