What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When i wasn't looking...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi

When I wasn't looking, my little truncata surprised me by throwing a 7" pitcher.  Yay!  Pretty little thing.  I think they grow better when you don't pay such close attention.  
smile.gif

truncata2view.jpg

And here's a pic of my raff with its "yawning maw".  hehe

raff4-03RS.jpg

And... the bical having a an intimate conversation with the truncata.  
smile.gif

bicaltruncRS.jpg

biggrin.gif
 Sorry for the large pics...I don't usually make them so big but I like the detail.

Suzanne

D*mn they're beautiful Suzanne!

Absolutely breathtaking, keep em' coming...

Cheers, Troy.

Pretty pics...
smile.gif

My truncata is SLOOOOWWWW.

Wow! Suzanne, that looks like what happened to my truncata. It just sat there for months after I got it, then BAM! out popped a 7 or 8 incher! The are a little slow, but it's oh-so-gratifying when you get a big honkin' piture!

Does your tuncata have a hankering for ants? Mine seems to like big, black carpenter ants. Go figure.

Sweet pics PlantaKiss.
smile.gif

Love the Truncata esp.

Hehe, I like the raff pic, they always look silly
biggrin.gif

Awww...so jealous...my truncata died 2 days after it arrived in the mail last week...still hurts...

Awww...thanks guys. Yes, my truncata started slowly...did nothing actually for a long time. Then...POOF! It was there. My raff grows quickly. I like the raff, too, Larry.
smile.gif
Love those tubby little pitchers. And the color.

Aww...I'm sorry to hear about your truncata Cindy. That sucks. Always tough to lose a plant.
sad.gif

I looooove my plants.
biggrin.gif

Suzanne

I guess it takes a womans touch to bring out the very best! These are beautiful plants , and your touch is obviously Magical. Wow! 7 inches is bigger than mine, but it's growing all the time! Thanks for sharing!

Wow Suzzane is catching up in pitcher size! Whoo hoo Suzzane! My truncata has 8 inch pitchers, almost there!
smile.gif

Wow, thats cool.  But I have to ask, how did you NOT notice  a pitcher 3x the size of the others suddenly appearing, lol!

( spl chk spl chk spl chk spl chk! )

Nep G...I am RIGHT behind you! hehehehehe
wink.gif

Tamlin...........I'm speechless. lol You know your plants always grow better than mine. But thanks for the compliment.
smile.gif

Darcie...how could I not know it was growing such a big pitcher? Its called...house, yard, dog, job, a million plants and an addiction to hunting down and buying fascinating old things. lol

It is fun to look down and go "WHOA...what's THAT?!!!"

Suzanne

Lol @ Suzzane.
biggrin.gif

I get that feeling now too...happen to have a lot of plants I can't concentrate on one particular plant...then I look over and notice my N. lowii moved!
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PlantAKiss @ April 11 2003,12:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is fun to look down and go "WHOA...what's THAT?!!!"

Suzanne[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Yah, it would be awsome to suddenly see it.

Lushouis plants Suzanne! I wish I had some - Did U take the photos? If so you should become a photographist - They are amazingly done! How expensive are they?
smile.gif

Hi Lil' FTB

Thank you so much. Yes, the photos are mine. Another joy to growing these plants is photographing them.
smile.gif

The plants vary in price. All my neps (with the exception of my first) came from this site. Phil (the owner) grows good healthy plants. And then once you have them, you take good care of them and they will reward you with such beautiful pitchers. Then you grab the camera!

You can check out the store section of this website and see what's available. Plants make great birthday presents from parents...or an outlet for some allowance money. And you can always email Phil if you have questions. (pcrane@petflytrap.com). He is the one who can answer sales questions...the forum is just for general plant care help and just for fun!

Suzanne

My N.truncata actually grows faster than my N. rafflesiana. My N. rafflesiana forms a new pitcher about every 2 months:angry: . Growing conditions are okay though.

Maybe it's like..growing a zuchinni. When my mom had those , I would check the plants. you want ucumber-sized squash, but once in a while I would find one the size of a watermelon that was hidden.
Okay that was a lame comparison.

biggrin.gif

Back