What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More root than stem

Hey guys, I received a cutting...a very extremely well rooted cutting and I need some opinions on how to pot it up. The stem on this cutting is a little under an inch tall, but the root system is at least 8" long. Any potting suggestions?
tounge.gif

Hey Dude,
Same thing happened to me a while back when I accidently butchered my tobaica. I wound up with a 2 inch plant (like 3 leaves or so) and a whole mass of roots. I just potted it up and put it close to the lights. Worked out pretty well. I think, though, it is going to depend a little on the species (tobaica has turned out to be something of a weed
smile.gif
)...What kind is it?
Who was that I eventually traded that off to? I forget...Was that you Snowyfalcon? My memory these days...it's really good, just really short!
wink.gif
Anyhow, whoever you are, if you read this, post your comments on how it's doing!
smile.gif

It's the hareliana cultivar. I'm just basically trying to figure out if I should put it in a 10" deep or so pot since the roots are that long. I potted it up actually in a 4.5 inch pot since that's what I had and the first leaf to open looks a little odd. I'm guessing from root stress.

How dare you accuse me, Schloaty! ROFL!!!
tounge.gif
 I'm 99% sure you traded it to Mindmaze128. I am not the proud owner of this species, yet....

SF
biggrin.gif

AH! SF, you may indeed be right! It may have been Mindmaze...in fact I'm quite sure...

Hope he reads this...

Schloaty,

I was bored, so I found the old link.  Here ya go!

Tobaica trade

***bored stiff***  

Just to let you know, the D. Capensis seeds you sent me are up and growing, and even have a few carnivorous leaves!  Though slow growing, I know it will be worth it.

SF

Yeah, those capensis seedlings can be slow, eh?
rolleyes.gif
But, for no (to me) apparent reason, they'll suddenly explode in growth....then slow down again, and repeat.

Since this is so completely far off topic now, i'm just gonna repot the nep in as deep a pot as I can find.
tounge.gif

Back