What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back from the dead

YAY!
biggrin.gif

It has been something like 2 months since I thought this plant died, but today I noticed that it has not one, but TWO buds on the stem! I really had given up on it, but It's alive!!!! Happy Happy!
smile.gif

Here are the buds!
lo_N_adnata_1_buds.jpg

Never give up on anything!!!
smile.gif

Jœl

EDIT: Got rid of my tripod account, they are so useless. If you want to see more of my plant pics, go here: http://groups.msn.com/TheTropicalCarnivorousPlantGarden

Mindmaze, good to hear that your plant came back from the grave. keep us updated on its progress. that gives me a little bit of hope with my plant. to bad the picture didn't work so we could see it.

no matter how many times you 'fix' it (and it wasn't broken to begin with) they are not going to show up.

Geocities, Tripod and other services like them make their money from advertising pop-ups, and if you just use them for storage space, they make nothing if all you do is link directly to a picture... i.e. direct linking to a pic is blocked...

if you want a free site that doesn't do that, use netfirms.com

and this is not a spanking... but PLEASE don't reply 20 thousand times to yourself! just edit your previous post!

Joel, now that i can see the growth from the twig that used to be a growing Nep. that is realy amazing. what did you do to it?

sorry, I see what you mean...can you or a other mod. fix it? and deleate my test posts?thanks

I tried to go to netfirms and they want all of this info so I put free in every blank, and they say "this e-mail adress is not valid" it is annoying!
mad.gif
 I tried like, 50 times, for real! it took up all of my free time
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

EDIT: AND I tried petflytrap but there is no instructions and I don't know what to do, how to start, it just says "you are not authorized to veiw this page" and it is MY page!
mad.gif

mad.gif
every free hosting site does this to me:  
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

can someone lead me through the petflytrap one?please?!
sad.gif

Spectabilis73

EDIT: I don't want to seem or sound impatience to you all, but i HAVE TRIED TO GET A FREE HOSTING SITE FOR 3 MONTHS!
mad.gif
*deep breath*
mad.gif

george

I recieved this plant from Troy (fatboy) in Indonesia in a trade, but it must have gotten attacked by a fungus during the trip to me here in PR, and even with several sprays of Captan, all the growth points turned to mush after a few weeks. I don't know why I kept the the stem, but I just kept it in the same pot I had it in originally. I put it with my other neps in the shadehouse, watering it like I did with my other plants, and then I just felt curious this morning and had a look, not expecting anything. It really is amazing what plants can do!
smile.gif

Jœl

I have said it befoe, I will say it again... Nepenthes are friggin TANKS.... take a lickin.. .keep on tickin.. no.. wait.. that's a timex... (which is stronger? An M1 Abrams or a Timex?) heh...

you get the point...

I had a madagascarensis wasting away in a runaway greenhouse effect in my tank... finally got the temps back under control and within a week, three nodes are throwing up leaves... nice...

maye a little stress every now and again forces dormant nodes to activate? probably not something healthy to test.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maye a little stress every now and again forces dormant nodes to activate?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

good question... I would try it. hey I bet Tamilin knows, he's the "Dictionary of all carnivorous plants"
tounge.gif
lol.
he really knows everything about cps. I guess all the mods are dictionarys of cps, lol
No offense to anyone, remember that
smile.gif

Spectabilis73
smile.gif

Back