What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any of you guys reognize these?

I've been dying to know which nepenthes are these!
sad.gif

Can any one of you guys help me? (by the way its no contest
biggrin.gif
)
purpalbo_u3m.jpg
northx1.jpg

Sincerely,
Erick

The first one is N albomarginata, I don't know the second one, but It looks like an N northiana hybrid.

Joel

go to sdcps.com for the 2nd one's ID.

with out going to sdcps.com

i think it is N. northiana x veitchii if i recall correctly. does any one have a 2 liter diet coke

George is correct on the second plant. It is N. northiana x veitchii. The plant in the picture is Geoff Mansells. I think it is called N. x Tomomi.
Tony

That's right. Thought I should add that the first one is a black form of N. albomarginata.

Thank you all! You guys are the best!
biggrin.gif
 But theres one other thing. You see I have been looking for this plant all over Puerto Rico (a tropical island) and haven't found nothing!
sad.gif
 It's my most wanted plant: N. Maxima
maxima01.jpg
maxima.gif

If any of you guys know where to find one (hopefully somewhere close to where I live) give me a shout. Or if any of you lovely lovely people are willing to give me one I'd be happy to accept it
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
 Thanx

Sincerely,
Erick
biggrin.gif

Joel might be able to help with locating one within Puerto Rico. Other than that all I can say is that shipping from the US is not a problem.

The picture you have is not typical for color. Upper pitchers are usually plain green and lower pitchers are usually green with purplish red spotting with a red or red striped peristome.

I also gather you did not find the picture of the black N. albomarginata on Borneo Exotics website. Perhaps someone is using Rob Cantleys photo without permission?
Tony

That maxima picture, if I am not mistaken, is from Doorman's Top in Irian Jaya. I think it was on Andreas Wistuba's Nepenthes flyer that came with our CPN several years ago. It is a beautiful plant.

Regards,

Joe

Back