What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii 'lowland'

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Does the lowland form of N. veitchii have any special requirements (ie soil, light?) or is it just basically your typical Nep from the lowlands?

You've got mail
wink.gif

Pyro, no speical requirement treat it like a lowland, soil type i have mine in peat,l/f moss,orchid mix, keep some what humid. it is easy to grow and to propagate from cuttings

The leaves and pitchers are longer than the highland variety.

Hmm anything special bout Veitchii lowland....nope not that I can think of!
smile.gif
Yes good point Eplants pointed out the leaves and pitchers are longer than that of the highland variety. I also belive the pitchers of the lowlnad Veitchii are typically greenish-yellowish-orange colored. Highlands are more golden to rarely striped like a candy cane.

the lower pitchers are more of the greenish/yellow side if anything, the upper pitchers are greenish/yellow w/ red strips. the leaves get up to 23-25cm long

Neps of borneo says that the plant is mostly found growing as an epiphyte, so maybe you should put it in a hanging basket. I guess that would be the only difference from other lowland neps. :/

Jœl

Back