What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirabilis (sp?) not as happy...

schloaty

Staff member
Hi Guys and Gals, I'm hoping you can help me out here. My N. Mirabilis was growing fine, put out a cute little pitcher, and now it seems not-so-fine. The leaves seem a little wilted, and the pitcher nubs aren't growing now. Other than re-potting it in a bigger pot two or three weeks ago, I haven't changed it's environment. Does anyone know what is going on? What can I do to retore the luster it?
confused.gif

Conditions:
Potted in lfs/orchid bark/charcol/pete (roughly 1:1:1:1)
on the tray system
temps 75 to 85
high humidity (not sure exact measurment)
about 6 inches from 4 flourescents

Schloaty,

It almost sounds like it's got a little shock from transplanting, but hard to say. How much recovery did you give it after repotting before putting it under the lights again?

Regards,

Joe

Uh-oh....
I put it right back under the lights....Was I supposed to give it a break?
confused.gif

schloaty, sounds like everything you did is right. some times when u repot a plant it will go into shock if you don't keep the mix that was around the root w/ it. if u put it into a new potting mix that is why it went into shock. when u repot keep the mix that is around the roots there and fill in with new mix around the root ball. it will lessen the chance of shock. just baby it for a while an it will come back.

also, marabilis is a very picky plant. it will go into shock really easy if anything is changed w/ its conditions.

Well, I did keep the LFS around the root ball, but I did bounce it around a little bit trying to get it out of the old pot. I will keep spritzing it twice daily and talking sweetly to it....
wink.gif

Thanks guys for the help!

Back