What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clipeata Questions  :P

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Hey all
smile.gif

I just ordered a clipeata and I was wondering a few things about it like if its a fast grower or not. Actually I've heard it's not a hard plant to grow but that's about it so any advise would be very appreciated
smile.gif

Hi,

N. clipeata is a slow plant growing at a rate of about one new leaf in two months. From my experience it does like intermediate conditions with direct sunlight when hardened off.

Joachim

Oh, and I may add a picture (just boasting...):

N_clipeata_pitcher.jpg

(Edited by Joachim at 6:22 am on May 26, 2002)

Nice pic!!! Outta curiosity do you know how old that plant is?

oh and one more question do you keep it in a terarium or outside as it is in the pic?

Hi,

I do grow this plant for exact two years now. I guess it was about one year out of TC when I bought it. The plant had an diamater of about 8-10cm that time and produced its first peltate leaf that time. The pitcher you see above is about 12cm high.

Of course I do grow it in my terrarium I don't think Nepenthes are suited as windowsill or outside plants here in Germany.

Joachim

I'm trying SO hard to be good...but I'm ROFL inside!

Nice pic, Joachim...beautiful pitcher.
smile.gif

Mercy!

Suzanne

talking about the diffence climate and all do u know if i should keep mine indoor or outdoor in CA?

By just for curious do u happen to feed that great plant of yours?

Sorry, as much as your topic cracked me up, I edited it and changed it to a reference of Nepenthes (instead of the female anatomy). :biggrin:

Pat

What? :confused:

LOL!!!!! Nathaniel doesn't get it! Nathaniel, rember the word Cliteata look at the word more closely and read Pat's post about it. Good one Pat. Never thought of that. :biggrin: Ohh that was a good one.

aw Pat youre no fun!!!
tounge.gif

yes could I get some care tips on that please? Oh that is bad!!! no! no! no! CliPeata! Clipeata! Cmon people lets get our mind outta the gutter
smile.gif
You all just wait until you misspell something
tounge.gif

I'm still laughing Shelley....thanks! :biggrin:

I think I may get it. Not sure though.

Hahahaha Dont stress it Nate it'll come to you
wink.gif

ok so with that aside.... what are the temp requirements and humidity is this a plant that can survive outside a terrarium? Full sun or partial? do they tend to get root rot if they are wet? My ventricosa has been like a weed since Ive been using the tray method...
I could check out the sites but alot are just general info and sometimes wrong. I would like to hear from people who have grown this and possibly experimented on a few growing techniques.

I think my icon is the only one that didn't change. The new look of the forums is wierd.
sad.gif

Well it seems I am the only one growing this plant here? Tony?

I do only have one and so I can't tell the requirements this plants needs because I try to grow it under conditions I do believe it is best grown under.

It stands is in my terrarium and even pitchered nicely when more difficult plants like N. glabrata and N. lowii had already stopped to due to low humidity. It seems to be able to stand harsher conditions than some others due to its natural very exposed habit. I do feed all my plants with insects when possible which I get from my overfull sarracenia standing outside.

Joachim

I would agree they are pretty rugged plants. Mine have done fine with intermediate conditions (85 days and low 60s at night). The occasionally hot day or cold night doesn't seem to bother them. They have pretty thick waxy leaves so I am not surprised they can handle humidity fluctuations well. They do need a mix that drains well and is not too dense IMO.
Tony

Back