What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New nepenthes

I got a N. Glabrata (Thanks Tony).  I'll post some pics tonight.

Happy Birthday !

Tony

ps. lol Don't everyone go thinking I send out N. glabrata plants as birthday presents now!

That's OK Tony, any Nep will be fine.
tounge.gif

joe

happy growing eplants.

Lol @ Tony.
biggrin.gif

Eplants, it is a wonderful clone! Lovely purple midribs and super pitchers when in good light.

Here are the pictures:
N.%20Glabrata.JPG

Top View of N. Glabrata

N.%20Glabrata3.JPG

smile.gif

I don't have N. glabrata Tony. My birthday isn't until October though and you may well have run out by then LOL

Tony, you can send Rob the N.glabrata for his b-day and send me something else N.truncata (highland)sounds sweet.lol

Ok guys. My mother paid for the plant and it happened to arrive a day earlier. That's enough.

Anyway Nep. G, may I please see your plant? Thanks.

OK and we can just do a random draw on whos credit card gets billed! LOL j/k

Hope the plant does well for you Eplants ;> N. glabrata is a tender Nepenthes.

Tony

yes, it is tender for shore. make shore you keep it humid and also that it gets its cold spell at night and it will do great. the pitchers will be really small for a while that i can tell ya

Mine would appreaciate much more light but it is an easy grower in the highland terrarium.  
smile.gif

N%20glabrata.JPG

Dustin, thanks for sharing that pic of N.glabrata. yes it does look like it could use some more light due to the lack of coloration but still it is a great looking plant.

Hi,

Heres a picture of my new N. glabrata.  I got it at the beginning of January and it has shown good growth so far.

glabrata4.jpg

Ive wanted to grow this species since I first saw it in Peter D'Amato's "The Savage Garden".  Definately one of my favorites.
smile.gif

Matt

Does anyone have N. Glabrata? Please post your pics for all of us to see.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

i would post a pic of one but, the N.digital camera i have ate all the AA batteries. so until i get more i'm S.O.L.

from looking at the pitcher of the one you have it is no bigger than yours

Hi,

as always, it seems that my clone does look slightly different:

N_glabrata_0203_A.jpg

N_glabrata_0203_B.jpg

Joachim

Like I said before mine would appreaciate much more light and it seems yours is getting plenty of it!
smile.gif
Nice plant.
wink.gif

Back