What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How cold?

I was wondering, will brief cool spells hurt neps? I have n. ventricosa, n. sanguinea, n. alata. It is going from about 75 during the day to about 55-60 at night. I have them outside hanging on a pot hanger and I forgot to bring them in last night. Haven't had a chance to see them today...

Those temps should be ok but if it gets any colder they might suffer some damage.

I have all three of those out on my deck, too. They're all taking temps down to around 52 degrees...and they're faring just fine...well, the alata is pretty beat up from shipping, but the other two are doing great. I wouldn't let it get much colder than that, though....

Yeah, same deal with schloaty. I have a ventricosa and an alata growing outside with the same temps. I think we might have even gotten down to 52f here. They seem to be doing well so far, as does ventrata, ventricosa-red, and quite a few hybrids.

I definately brought lowlanders in for the season though.
tounge.gif

I agree with any further temp drops too. I'm getting wary on leaving them out there.

Out of topic, but that's a nice graphic on your signature, Dyflam!

Back