What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiny leaf on n. clipeata

Hi,

Here are some photos of my N. clipeata. One weird thing that happened recently was that a small leaf started to grow long after newer leaves already had formed. As you can see no tendril (or pitcher) is present on this freaky little leaf, nor any new growth point from what I can se.

clipeata.jpg

clipeata2.jpg

Regards,

Christer

Probably from an axillary bud. *thinks so*

Hey christerb,

I had the same problem on my N. rajah, I thought I was seeing things but it was an auxillary bud that sprouted. BTW, nice looking plant.
wink.gif

This was the same thing I was describing about my rajah and fusca a couple weeks ago. Now my eustachya and unknown maxima hybrids are doing the same. I wonder if it has something to do with "overly bright" lighting or just a normal abberant growth that will happen from time to time?

Yes, my initial thought was that it was a axillary bud, but then I would expect to see a new growth in the leaf axil. I can of course not rule out that something will happen eventually, but at this time this "bud" looks like a dead end.

Regards,

Christer

Back