What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are they?

I've been wondering alot about these guys and it's giving me a headacke!
confused.gif
 First of all:
-->Is the n. Judith Finn a highland or lowland?
-->Is the n. talangensis a higland?
And secon of all:
-->What kind of nepenthes is this? The picture I took is from the one Dyflam posted (if I'm not mistaking) so sorry if it's wrong but I really want to know which one it is cuz its soooo beautiful!
tounge.gif

Lee04_3-16-03_web.jpg

Looks like the upper pitcher on a N. sanguinea heavily infected with that redspot fungus..

T

I would agree it could be a Upper on a Sanguinea but it looks to me that it would have a little different lid and a little more wings just a little. I think it is a N. Sanguinea x ? It has good fire enginee red spot on it. Hmmm A hybrid with Alata. Great know you gave me a headacke!

P
biggrin.gif

Nobody got to your first questions so I will,
I have several Judith Finns and they seem to do much better in highland conditions (Days 70 - 80*F / Nights 50-60*F) than when I had them in lowland conditions. The leaves were being produced slightly deformed and the pitchers did not last very long. Now the plants grow slower but are much sturdier, thick leather like leaves and growing visibly larger with each new pitcher & leaf. Mine has retained the prostratrate/crawling habit of it's N. veichii parentage so I will be repotting it with a cork bark tree trunk over the pot with the plant coming out and climbing the trunk. I'll post a pic soon, got the trunk yesterday.
N. talangensis is a highlander from all that I've read. Mine won't be arriving until May...
sad.gif

how come there is nearly 5000 views on this post?
confused.gif

I know! I was kinda bewildered when I noticed that.
confused.gif

Just press refresh and it went up 250 post? Holy Cow! Mighty popular!!! 5175 viewed? WOW!!!
confused.gif

I know who accounts for 3479 of the 5892 views!
tounge.gif

LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mindmaze128 @ Mar. 30 2003,9:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know who accounts for 3479 of the 5892 views!
tounge.gif

LOL[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
haha nice one

WOW! 6750 views!!!!
tounge.gif
That's great!
biggrin.gif

Aparently I don't matter at all. No matter how many times I view this thread, the counter doesn't increase. I don't exist
sad.gif

Back