What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Nepenthes

I purchased this Nep at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and all they could tell me was that it was a lowland hybrid. It was not doing to well until I went on vacation for a week and my husban put it outside, Yes in Georgia's heat. It seems to be doing OK but I would like to know what kind it is. It has a small offshoot inside the pot.

pitcher%202.jpg

nep.jpg

Thanks for any help

I think this might be a N. x mixta superba. I know the ABG has a few of these and the ones I saw on Wednesday sure looked like that.

On a side note, when does the ABG sell CPs? I'd love to get a chance to buy from them

xMixta would be a good guess.. sure does have maxima in it! Would be hard to say positively though.
Tony

I agree with Tony and Pyro. It looks like my mixta superbas. Maxima is definitely one of the parents. Oz

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to find a place it likes in the house for the winter. I don't heat my greenhouse so I am afraid it will not surrive in there.

That's a nice plant!

You are growing it outside?
Where are you and what sort of temps do you get there?

Cheers, Troy.

90's in the afternoon and 70's by 7 in the AM and high humidity all the time. The plastic tray on the pot helps keep the water level just to the bottom of the potting medium which is an Orchid and long fibered sphangum mixed together. It did not pitcher for me until it was placed outside by my husband while I was on vacation. I was expecting to find a dead plant but it seems to love it. I have just moved it to a shadder place as I think some of the leaves were getting burned.

Again, Another plant that looks exactly like my Nepenthes Homicus Depoticus...

confused.gif

I am a little worried at the mass proliferation of these un-named hybrids... someone should just give the friggin thing a cultivar name and let it go!
smile.gif

Back